I finally went for my overdue haircut. It’s the only time I get to read stacks and stacks of magazines (besides enjoying my stylist’s TOP shampoo/head massage)
I came across this article which listed 5 things people often neglect.
- Take care of your scalp – Apparently it’s very important to get your scalp checked by a trichologist once a year. Regular visits to your salon for scalp treatments help too! CHECK: Been going for regular scalp treatments last year but stopped because it was hurting my wallet.
- Moisturize your lips – Signs of aging are obvious around the lips. Moisturize the lips with lip balms & they even suggested using your moisturizing face products on your lips! CHECK: I moisturize my lips every night & morning (especially if I sleep with the aircon on) with Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm.
- Wax! – Good for taking out ingrown hair, helps to exfoliate too! CHECK: I try to go to Strip if I’m not feeling laaaaazy. But I’ve been feeling that way for a long time.
- Regular masking – Apparently, we should be masking every day but alternate between deep cleansing & moisturizing masks. CHECK: Been using Dr Hauschka Clay Mask for deep cleansing/exfoliation – this totally brightens up my face! & Methode Swiss Thermal Oxygen mask/Japanese sheet masks for moisture replenishment. Skin feels well-balanced now & less dry! I once read that Celeste Chong uses 3 masks consecutively in 1 day to achieve glowing skin.
- Treat your lashes – Expect longer & fuller lashes once you start conditioning them! OOPS: I was using DHC’s Lash Tonic before but stopped because I was too lazy! I figured eyelashes aren’t that important in the bigger context….