A Recap, Sort of.
It’s almost funny how life whirrrs past you and suddenly “things that happened a while back”, becomes “things that happened half a year ago”. With my goldfish memory, I figured out I should take a quick moment to do a recap of sort for a good half of 2013 and the 1st quarter of 2014. This is mostly for the benefit of my 80 year old self next time.
- Made a sushi costume for Halloween, and painstakingly sewing orange roe-furballs on. What a fun night, and even more fun making the costume!
- Tried pole dancing for the first time, and decided slutty just ain’t my style. Um, and there was a guy in the class. No offense to men in pole dancing classes – but this shall remain as yet another thing that doesn’t make sense in this world we live in.
- Played a couple matches of tennis; ooh, one of my favorite games in the world that I don’t get to play very often and the rare game gets celebrated out of proportion!
- I discovered apple toffee cider.
- Jumped along to The Killers, it was a wonderful night out under the stars on a grass patch.
- I discovered I can cook pesto pasta. Let’s just say lots of basil was harmed in the process.
- Office burrito parties 🙂
- Office basketball matches 🙂
- The joys of working in Ogilvy
- I discovered Haagen-Dazs chocolate fondant ice cream.
- The joys of outdoor rock climbing at Railey Island
- I rediscovered the joys of Left For Dead 2. I mean, the joys of myself getting killed by zombies.
- I am actually quite a good runner clocking 5 mins a km. And the difference this time round? I actually enjoy running, and having my heart and lungs work so damn hard each time feels damn good.
- Saying goodbye to my only grandparent left. It was horrible, but it is also how life works. My “wai po” will always be remembered fondly!
- Chasing sheeps in Cing Jing, nuff said.
- Realizing sunrises are way underrated.
- Signing up for Mt Rinjani!
- Tried acrylic painting with “Bert and Ernie” and promising to do another one.
- Got promoted at work! Switched teams! 🙂 Yet another adventure beckons.
- Growing up, growing out of situations, and keeping certain memories as they are.
Thank you, sweet sweet life.
And dear 80 year old self, I hope this brought a smile to your face.