August 2014 / Some highlights from my two weeks of Europe summer. Summer in Europe is awesome, lots of lazing around on the beach, good weather, long days, ahh.
- Going to Ibiza for the first time; and having the classic party island experience with Avicii and David Guetta at Ushuaia. Outdoor clubs with cool breezy weather and an awesome atmosphere!
- Also saw Bob Sinclair. Not that it matters.
- Lie on beach, apply sunblock. Repeat.
- Did the French Riveria (area between Nice and Menton) coastal drive. Explored Villefranche sur Mer, Saint Jean Cap Ferrat, Eze Village, and Antibes taking in the lovely sea view along the winding roads.
- Spent a day in Monaco and Cannes each; Monacco with her casinos, constructions and casinos reminds me of Singapore almost.
- First time in London! Didn’t think I’d like London much but I was proven wrong. Getting lost in the tube stations is quite fun.
- Saw my first musical in London – Billy Elliot. The experience of sitting in an ancient theatre felt kind of surreal and magical.
- Went shopping along Oxford Street, and also Harrods.
- Did Indian curry, and also went to Fabric, a club full of teens and early twenties.
- Met the partner in crime, and his mom, and his dad. Spent days sipping tea, so typical and fun at the same time. Fell in love with bagels with cream cheese as well.
- Had fish & chips, with mushy peas. Mushy peas is strange.
- Visited Imperial War Museum
- Did ghost walking tour in the rain. Kind of torturous because was raining the entire night and we wished we were warm at home. Guess whose idea it was to do the walking tour…
- Saw the toppled phone boxes art installation, very cute.
- Went to La Sagrada Familia again, but went in to see the architecture this time round. Really beautiful stained glass windows and decor.
- Wandered around the Gothic quarters, as well as Zara.
- Took the Montjuic cable car, laid on Barceloneta beach, had delicious seafood at a local shop where we picked what we want.